Why create a Men’s Health Caucus?
- American men on average are living about 5 years less than our female counterparts.
- 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- Men die at a higher percentage from 9 out the 10 top causes of death
- Men are victims of over 92% of the workplace deaths in our nation.
- CDC report: Women are 100% more likely than men to seek preventative care.
- U.S. Administration on Aging report (2001), “More than half of elderly widows now living in poverty were not poor before the death of their husbands.”
- 2000 Census Bureau report, “For women who marry men approximately their own age; over 14% are widows as they retire (age 65-69).”
- Men’s Health Facts: flyer
- Silent Health Crisis: chart
- Health Insurance Coverage by Sex – before passage of the Affordable Care Act
- Physician Visits: Men and Women: CDC data
- Premature Death Among Men = Poverty for Aging Women – using 2000 census data as an example
- Aging in America – flyer
- Life Expectancy by Sex and Race: Birth to 100: Chart
- Life Expectancy by Sex and Race, History: 1920-Current Data – chart
- Life Expectancy by Sex and Race, History: 1920-Current Data
- Age Adjusted Death Rates and Infant Mortality: Current Data
- Top Causes of Death: Current Data: chart
Men’s Health News
Men's Health - 58 minutes ago
Choose wisely before you chew: Your...
Men's Health - 20 hours ago
The Biggest Loser trainer Bob Harper...
Men's Health - 22 hours ago
We may be only a few years away from...
Men's Health - 24 hours ago
COPD, which stems mainly from smoking,...
News via Google. See more news like this